Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Gwen Stefani on the gratitude of a childhood dream embraced with a second-season of "Kuu Kuu Harajuku"

Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Gwen Stefani is widely known for her success on the music charts, but recently her television endeavors have taken center stage in her career. Stefani, who currently stars as a musical coach for the 12th season of NBC’s hit music competition series The Voice, recently saw her Nickelodeon animated children’s series Kuu Kuu Harajuku, which follows the adventures of the crime-fighting girl music group HJ5, renewed for a second season. Stefani spoke with Multichannel News about the series, her experiences on The Voice and her future musical aspirations!:


What does it mean for you to have had your Nickelodeon series renewed for a second season?

I still haven’t digested that I’m even on Nickelodeon. It was a dream that I had a long time ago that came true later in life. I never thought it could happen. They took a chance on me and now they’re doing season two—it’s just hard to believe. I’ve done so many different things in my lifetime now, and I’m just so proud of it. Around the time I was trying to make my first solo record I really wanted to do something outside music; I wanted to do a live action or animated project. I feel like I’ve made something that I’m so proud of because it’s a really safe place for little girls to go and watch something that’s really entertaining and fun, and about girls being unique, creative and individual.

Why was Nickelodeon the best fit for the series?

I became a fan of the channel, especially after becoming a mom and watching it. It’s funny how life comes full circle, because I grew up with tons of animation in my own life because my brother is an animator [who’s] worked on The Simpsons and Ren & Stimpy, and Nickelodeon is all about animation and creativity. It just seemed like an obvious choice. I just feel like it’s a really good fit for me and I can’t believe we get to do another season. The new season is going to evolve and feature a little more music, dancing and stage performances, which I’m excited about.

Are you considering creating another kids-targeted series?

Of course, I would love to. One of my favorite things about The Voice is that they lowered the age [for competitors] this year, so working with the younger kids to me is just really exciting. There’s something about working with them, having already done all that they’re going through. I get to share this experience with them, and it’s the same with this. It’s like having children and creating stuff that they’re excited about, so yes, I would love to.

You can read Multichannel News' interview with Gwen Stefani here on BroadcastingCable.com.


Tune into Kuu Kuu Harajuku on Nickelodeon USA and Nick Jr., and visit nick.com/kuukuu to find out more about the show and to watch video clips from the series, including full-length episodes!

More Nick: Shout! and DHX Media Strike Home Entertainment Deal for "Kuu Kuu Harajuku"!

Additional source: Screener TV Listings.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and Kuu Kuu Harajuku News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.